- Anyone can volunteer with us!
- You don’t have to use your own car! We use rental cars.
- You will be expected to volunteer during an operations night of your choosing from approximately 9:30 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Our 3 volunteer positions are: driver, navigator, and dispatcher. You will be trained on how to do these positions when you come to volunteer.
- To be a driver, you must be 21 or older and have a valid Driver’s License. However, any age can volunteer in the other positions.
- We will provide dinner!
- An email will be sent to you the day you are volunteering giving you instructions on where to go, when to arrive, and other details.
Interested in volunteering with Designated Dawgs during the Spring 2019 Semester? Click here to sign up!
Our Office Space is located on the first floor of the Tate Student Center located on Baxter Street. This semester, we will be meeting in group spaces across from the Center for Student Organizations in room 140.
We run operations from our dispatch location at the Wells Fargo Building. Each evening, we have a green tent set-up in front of The Wells Fargo Building entrance.
Can I volunteer with my student organization or committee?
We love it when a campus organization volunteers together!
Your organization can “sponsor” one night or two nights of operations. We will still provide the dinner, cars, gas etc and might even post about you on our social media! All you have to do is fill up the volunteer spots for your weekend. It’s a great opportunity to bond with your group and a great way to spread awareness of your organization.
If your group is interested in sponsoring a night or two of operations, please email email@example.com.
What do I need to volunteer?
We provide all the necessary resources and materials for our volunteers. We start each evening with dinner and training for volunteers. We use rental cars for all of our volunteer operations and cover all the gas and other expenses.
To volunteer, simply sign up on our online spreadsheet. You can sign up and volunteer any night we run during the semester.
We ask volunteers to show up at Center for Student Organizations (CSO) at the Tate Student Center on the first floor at 9:30 p.m to get started.
When do we operate?
Designated Dawgs operates during the Fall and Spring academic semesters on most Thursday and Friday nights. We ask volunteers to start at 9:30 p.m. and provide rides from 11 p.m. until 2:15 a.m.
How do I get more involved?
Apply to be on our Volunteer Leadership Council (VLC) here. We review these applications on a year round basis. Only during the spring semester, we take applications to our executive board.